Whether you’re in an area that experiences hot summers or mild winters, the experts at R.H. Witt Air Conditioning Repair and A/C Service can help you maintain your air conditioner so that it works effectively and efficiently. Keeping your air conditioner clean and well-maintained will save you money in the long run and ensure you remain comfortable all year round. Here are 8 tips for maintaining your air conditioner:
1. Change your air filter regularly. To effectively remove dirt and dust particles from the air, your air filter should be changed every 90 days. If you have pets or live in an area with high levels of dust, you may need to change it more frequently.
2. Have your air conditioner serviced. R.H. Witt offers a variety of air conditioning repair and service plans to keep your system running smoothly. Having your air conditioner serviced on a regular basis will help ensure that all parts and components are in good working order.
3. Clean the condenser coils. The condenser coils are responsible for removing heat from the air and releasing it into the outdoors. It’s important to keep the coils clean to ensure that the system is working efficiently.
4. Clean the evaporator coils. Like the condenser coils, the evaporator coils help to remove heat from the air. Keeping the coils clean will help keep your system running efficiently and ensure that the air quality in your home stays fresh and free of allergens.
5. Check the blower motor. The blower motor is responsible for circulating air throughout your home. If the motor is not functioning properly, it can cause the air conditioner to work harder which can result in higher energy bills.
6. Clean the drain pan. The drain pan collects water that is created when the air conditioner cools the air. If the pan becomes clogged, it can cause the system to malfunction.
7. Check for refrigerant leaks. Refrigerant is necessary for the air conditioner to cool the air. If there is a leak, the system won’t be able to cool the air properly.
8. Check the ductwork for leaks. Leaky ductwork can cause a loss of air pressure which can make the system inefficient.
These are a few tips for maintaining your air conditioner. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact R.H. Witt Air Conditioning Repair and A/C Service for more information. Click here to learn more about air conditioner maintenance.